Potter/Glazer or Sculptor/Glazer
Ephraim Pottery is looking for an experienced ceramic artist to join our collaborative art studio in Lake Mills, Wisconsin. At Ephraim Pottery we create wheel-thrown, hand-sculpted art pottery in the style of the early 20th Century Arts & Crafts Movement.
We have an opening for an experienced production potter or sculptor who is willing to be trained in production glazing with our custom glazes. Applicants must have an extensive understanding of clay and its associated techniques and properties, and an advanced skill level working with clay. Applicants will be asked to replicate our in-house stoneware designs.
- Experience with clay, especially wheel throwing or hand sculpting
- Efficiency with throwing or sculpting to dimensions given for production purposes
- Extensive knowledge of clay, including firing and kiln practices, and familiarity with various technical aspects and types of clay
- Contribution to daily practice with basic studio cleaning and maintenance
- Ability to think on your feet, problem-solve, and be accountable
- Task and detail orientation
- Self-motivation, working independently and managing time to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work well with other artists and communicate effectively in a collaborative setting
- Ability to contribute design ideas that fit into our collective style
- Knowledge of glazes, including glaze setting and glaze application
- Basic ceramic studio equipment maintenance
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00 to $40,000.00/year
Additional Compensation: Bonuses
Work Location: Lake Mills, Wisconsin
Benefits: Health insurance, paid time off, 401K, life insurance
Apply by email at email@example.com with the subject line noting: Potter/Sculptor Artist. Include a short biographical video introducing yourself, including how many years you have worked with clay and in what capacity, along with any other pertinent information. Additionally, please attach your resume and images of your clay work and/or production work. If you are applying for the Potter/Glazer position, please include a video of you throwing a pot.
We are accepting applications through September 30th.